Mike has asked for help handing out levy flyers and and canvassing in local neighborhoods. Here are the dates you can help:
Friday, October 19 – Home Football Game – will have informational flyers and yard signs available to take.
Saturday, October 27 – Canvassing. Meet around 10 am and then head out. Done when people complete their route.
Saturday, November 3 – Canvassing. If completed from the previous week, we can do a flyer pass out by car.
Levy Committee meetings are every Thursday at 6 pm at the Target Starbucks.
If you are interested in helping out in any way, please let John Oleska know or email the levy committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you haven’t heard, we are starting a new program called SEA-BATES. Please check out our new program for this year to help increase membership involvement. If you have any questions, please let us know.
We hope everyone has had a great first day! Thanks to everyone who came down for the pizza and salad lunch yesterday. Please check back throughout the year for updates on this site and on Twitter.
Whether you’re close to retirement or just starting out in your teaching career, it’s important to think about. We pay into STRS to provide pension benefits when we retire. Having a reliable source of income and access to health care coverage will keep us economically secure after we’re done working. There is an election for the STRS Board coming up in April. Robert McFee and Jeff Rhodes are our endorsed candidates. They are both teachers who are very knowledgeable on pension and health care issues. They will work hard to protect our interests—they have our back. Ballots will be mailed to your home in early April. Make sure you take a minute to vote for Rob McFee and Jeff Rhodes.
STRS RobertMcFee JeffRhodes Color Flyer
Here are some nearby events from NEOEA and OEA that you can join. Please see a building rep or executive member if you have any questions. Hope to see you there!
- April 21 – NEOEA Spring Rep Assembly at Normandy High School in Parma. John Oleksa, Rhonda Ondash, and Sandy Smith will attend.
- May 11 – OEA Rep Assembly in Columbus
- June 8(Friday) – “Greet and Grill” Cookout at the NEOEA Conference Center. (neoea.org/Cookout.pdf)
- June 22(Friday) – NEOEA Baseball, Dinner, and Fireworks – Akron Rubber Ducks – Join us at the Akron Rubber Ducks host the Harrisburg Senators, Picnic on the Tiki Terrace and fireworks after the game (details available soon).
- NEOEA Summer Leadership – July 25-26 (Wednesday-Thursday) – Valuable learning sessions, great food, and networking with colleagues – all in a relaxed environment in nearby Aurora (neoea.org/SLC)
Also, we are planning a social gathering for SEA members in May. Please stay tuned for details.
We are in the process of updating our website. Stay tuned!